Pick Your Own Blueberries
2018 - OUR SEASON ENDED ON JULY 14TH
SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!
The Blueberry Farm is a working blueberry farm - we sell wholesale to retailers, but also allow you to come and pick your own blueberries from our bushes!
Picking your own blueberries gives you the absolute freshest fruit possible and you can pick the ripest, most succulent blueberries you can find. We have folks of all ages and types come to the farm each day - families, couples, retirees - just about anyone can spend an hour and get a great harvest to take home.
When you get to The Blueberry Farm, we'll have buckets waiting for you to put your blueberries in ($15/bucket). You may bring a bag to dump them in when finished, or we have bags here as well.
How to Pick Blueberries
- Pick only the ripe blueberries. Blueberries will not ripen after picking. Please leave any unripe blueberries for future blueberry pickers.
- The ripe blueberries are the ones that pull off the bush easily. They are usually larger and darker. If they are not ripe, they will not be sweet.
- Sometimes the berries are in clusters and some are ripe and others are not. Please do not strip the berries. Lightly tickle the berries in clusters. The ripe ones will fall off and the unripe ones will stay and ripen another day.
- Tie your bucket around your waist. This will free up both hands and make picking berries easier.
- Look into the center of the bushes and down below under the leaves. Gently bend the high branches over to get to the berries that are hard to reach.
We have 5 different varieties of blueberries. Some will ripen early and some later. They are planted in order from the earliest ripening to the latest. We will point you in the right direction. If you find a good area with lots of ripe berries, please tell us so that the berries are not wasted!
*$15 per full gallon. Minimum $10 for 1/2 gallon or less.
Additional Info and Farm Rules